When getting ready to welcome a baby, many new mothers celebrate with friends and family before their baby arrives. If you are looking for a beautiful and functional venue to hold a baby shower near you, look no further than Colonial Golf and Tennis Club.
When you choose to host your baby shower at our beautiful venue, you’ll enjoy a number of different amenities and a variety of options. Our lovely indoor and outdoor spaces can be decorated to create the exact feel that you’re looking for. Whether you’re planning a more formal luncheon or a simple party with hors-d’oeuvres, we will help you plan the perfect baby shower. Please note that all Colonial Golf and Tennis Club Catering is done in-house.
Our Catering Director has been with us for many years and is ready to help you coordinate the perfect event. She has helped plan and execute all kinds of events, including baby showers. To give the new mom in your life a special day, plan her baby shower at Colonial Golf and Tennis Club.
Tips for Hosting a Baby Shower
Usually, a close friend or relative of the mom-to-be hosts a baby shower. If you’ve been tasked with planning your loved ones’ special day, follow these tips for a successful get-together:
- Pick a time: Coordinate with the guest of honor about the best day and time for her party. Most baby showers occur when the mother-to-be is about seven months pregnant, when she’s well into her pregnancy but still comfortable enough to enjoy herself. She also needs enough time to sort through her gifts and buy what she needs before the baby arrives.
- Reserve the date at Colonial Golf and Tennis Club: The staff at our catering hall can fit parties of any guest size. As a rental venue for baby showers, we offer plenty of space for your guests to enjoy themselves. Once you have a date and a budget in mind, you can make a reservation for your party with us. At that time, we’ll go over all the preliminary details with you.
- Choose a theme: Though the party doesn’t have to follow a theme, talk to the guest of honor about any specific themes she may have in mind. You can have the party be as formal or relaxed as you want. Knowing what colors and designs to use can help you plan games, invitations and thank-you cards.
- Make a timeline for the shower: Create a plan to follow on the day of the event, including whether you want to have a meal, games and gift opening. Make sure the flow of the event is fun and keeps guests engaged. Allow a few minutes for guests to arrive and get settled in their seats. After everyone has arrived, you can start an activity or serve food. You can also offer dessert while the guest of honor is opening presents.
- Decide whether the mother-to-be will open gifts: Discuss with the guest of honor whether she wants to open gifts in front of her guests. At a traditional baby shower, the mother-to-be opens her presents at the party. If you have a large guest count or the mother-to-be doesn’t feel comfortable opening gifts in public, you can have a display shower. In that case, ask your guests to wrap the gifts in clear wrapping paper or to bring them unwrapped.
- Pick baby shower favors: Choose a thoughtful parting gift to thank your guests for attending and supporting the mother-to-be. You can choose a simple item that goes along with your theme. Think about what your guests would like and get a gift that reminds them of this special day.
- Send thank-you cards: Your guests will appreciate getting a thank-you card in the mail. It helps to personalize the card based on the person and what gift they purchased.